Visiting South Africa is a dream vacation for many people. When you are visiting, however, you want to make sure that you take the time to visit Durban. In this area, you will find so many different things to do and it seems as if the weather is always inviting for an outdoor adventure. Between the culture, the lovely beaches and the sunshine that seems to be available 365 days a year, you may just have a difficult time leaving when your vacation is over. When you take a look at the following 10 adventure activities in Durban, you may just pack your bags and leave tomorrow.
- Acrobranch – This is one of the more popular options for outdoor activities in the area. In fact, there are many of these options available and they include zip lines, walkways, Tarzan swings and acrobungee options. If you’re looking for an outdoor adventure that also presents some challenge, this one is sure to get your heart pumping.
2. Aquarium Diving – There is nothing like seeing what exists under the water of the sea. For many people, the only way to see that area is by scuba diving. The problem is, not everybody is able to scuba dive and sometimes, you might wonder exactly what is taking place below the water before you get there. The solution is found in an aquarium dive, and you will be amazed at all of the undersea aquatic life that you can enjoy. The water is warm, so come on in.
3. Repelling – There are a number of different options for repelling in the area of Durban. Imagine dropping down into a ravine while being suspended on a rope. Don’t miss this adventure option.
4. Deep Sea Fishing – If there is one outdoor activity that is enjoyed by most people who are visiting Durban, it is getting out on the water and enjoying some sportfishing. The tropical sunshine will be overhead and the water is beautiful under the boat. When it comes to easy harbors that provide a measure of security, you will be happy to leave from Durban. There are plenty of big fish waiting for you and you will love the experience from the first time you get one on the line.
5. Paragliding – If you would love to see the skyline of Durban in a unique way, try a paragliding adventure trip. Some of the best gliding sites in the world are available in Durban.
6. Helicopter Flights – Leaving the city of Durban is always a bittersweet experience but when you do it from the seat of a helicopter, you are going to love what is unfolding underneath you. The scenery is beautiful and you can take a trip along the coast and visit the Valley Of a Thousand Hills. There is nothing quite like seeing the city of Durban and the coast or countryside while flying over it in a helicopter. This is one of the adventure activities in Durban that you may just want to do twice.
7. Kite Surfing – Imagine sailing through the tropical waters on a surfboard while being pulled along by a power kite. This is an adventure that will be something you remember for many years.
8. Walk on the Ocean Floor – At the uShaka aquarium, you will be able to take a walk where no man has walked before. Being lowered down into the saltwater tank and getting up close and personal with the fish is an amazing experience. You can even drop down in a shark tank!
9. White Water Rafting – This is something that people enjoy in all parts of the world but when you head just south of Durban on the Umkomass River, you will have a memorable and exciting experience.
10. Boat Trips – Leave the Durban Harbour behind and explore the open sea in one of the best boat trip adventures that you can have in any part of the world. Hug the coast or head out into deeper water and enjoy all that the area has to offer.
These outdoor adventures are certain to be something that makes your trip to Durban one that you will remember forever. It is really only scratching the surface and once you visit Durban, you will come back over and over again.